Saturday, July 3, 2010

Relaxing, Sunny Saturday!


It is great to be able to get home and visit my parents and to also be able to take full advantage of this great weather! As I walked up the back deck to enter the house, I noticed a plethora of herbs and plants, just waiting to be planted into either containers or into the ground. Needless to say, I commandeered some clay pots from my Dad's greenhouse and will begin planting quite soon as I am in need of some more herbs at my home (I live in a loft conversion so gardening is not an option unfortunately). Basil, Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano...the list goes on and on. I am also starting to plan meals around my newly obtained 'goodies' as I'm sure you all know how fresh herbs really can make the biggest difference in many recipes!
I am debating heading to some of the local antique stores to see if I can stumble across any finds to add to my retrievals! Last weekend will be hard to beat though as a small town near me was having one of their summer festivals and one of my favorite stores had quite the sidewalk sale on...AND, I also found out that they have a warehouse!! Needless to say...I am well stocked up from all the finds during my time in rural Ontario last weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...