Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Forward

The sunshine and unbelievably fantastic temperatures today made it very, very difficult to be in the office today. As soon as I could tear myself away, I headed home, took Charlie for a longggg walk (and a swim or 2 in his case) and then.....it was time.......time to finally put away the outdoor winter decor. So long showshoes, sleds, greenery....and time to keep my fingers crossed that the bulbs I planted last fall have not been all whisked away by our ever so prevalent squirrel population!

I already have a few tulips popping through and there are buds on most of my perennials....I now just have to stay patient and wait for Spring to "pop"!  In the meantime and in anticipation of the explosion of colours to come....here are some images to tide us all over.












I have been filling my home with tulips, lilacs, daffodils and daisies the past few weeks and I'm really looking forward to finally seeing the outdoors come back to life, in full colour.

Have you started your garden planning yet? I am hoping to put up a privacy fence and raised beds along the back of my yard as well as continue to add to my hosta beds.

Were you able to get your bulbs in last fall to enjoy over the next few months? I went with a white theme and bought a wide variety of tulips. I can't wait to see them in full bloom!

I hope you all have a chance to get outside and enjoy the amazing weather we are supposed to have over the next week or so...and like I said the beginning of the week.."get off your butt and do what you love"!!

RR

*images from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...