Sunday, March 24, 2013

Cottage Dreamin'

If you haven't gotten a copy of House and Home's April Edition...Go...Get one...Right now! You WILL NOT be disappointed! 





Whether it's the Frenchie with the Sunshine Yellow Bentwood Bench or the articles on 'The French Translation' and 'Pretty Organized', this volume is full of great ideas and pops of colour for Spring!


It also has an article that completely stopped me in my tracks and literally made me say, "Wow" out loud....The article is "Fresh & Wild".

It's about "a young couple who reinvigorate a lakeside cottage with nature-inspired finishes and exotic flourishes".

To me this is THE perfect cottage....the stone fireplace, exposed beams, the open-airy feel, the decor, colours, textures, layout, living space, the lot, the lake, the deck, the dock, the cedar shakes on the exterior...the list goes on and on about what I love and I literally would not change a thing!

They did a great job of mixing rustic, antique, weathered pieces with fresh new pieces. The 'beachy' colour palette helps keep the airy feel throughout, in combination with the tall ceilings and so, so many windows!

I love the owner's quote..."Cottages need a bit of whimsy...I love the relaxed vibe created when pieces from a million different places come together." I couldn't agree more!! The article talks about how this cottage has been a work in progress for quite some time and to me, that's exactly what a cottage should be...a never ending project that allows you to transform it into a place that is truly you...









If you are a regular reader of my Blog, you know that my goal is to own a cottage in the next 3-5 years....this is just the kind of article that helps me keep focused to keep on track to my goal of cottage ownership!

Happy Sunday!

RR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...