Saturday, June 8, 2013

Inked....

It was a special day for one of my best friends and I this past week and we celebrated with a gals day just for the two of us....

Pedicures, shopping, lunch, great chats and.....we both got some more ink!

She and I went for our first tattoos together about 16 years ago, have been for another together since and felt it was a good time to go again...

My gal pal is much more brave then I am when it comes to what/where we get our tattoos...she and her hubby even have their wedding rings tattooed...

The last tattoo I got was the Gemini sign you see on my left foot (she and I are Geminis and my Dad is also).

This time, the right, freshly pedicured foot would be the canvas.....

I know you're all going to think that I've jumped on the "Keep Calm" bandwagon....but it is far from that! My family has been 'calm' for over 30 years, seeing as the initials of our first names spell out the word....

Cheryl, Ardis, Larry and Mike = C A L M

Our family has been through quite a number of ups and downs the past few years and it seemed only fitting to incorporate this as well as the word 'Believe'.

Some of the first items we brought into the new house were decor pieces that included the word Believe....
After everything that had happened, we just had to keep on believing that life would carry on, things would get better...and of course, it has!

I wanted something simple yet very meaningful and this was what I came up with.....



My family and friends mean the world to me...and through little things like this, I always have them with me!

RR

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...