Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mason Jar Madness!!

Or...in my case, Crown Jar Craziness!

They are literally EVERYWHERE these days!!

These are something I grew up with...we used them in the workshop to store nails, screws and odds & ends but they were also used in a more traditional way in the kitchen to store preserved produce and maple syrup our neighbour made.
Seeing as they have always been a staple in my home and I have found a way to take a traditional item and add a bit of a modern but still rustic twist to it...keep reading for how you could win one of your own!


Lonny Magazine's Facebook page recently featured these Ball Mason Jars (see below) in an article by Ginny Branch about alternative wedding ideas.




These are a collection of my family's McDonald Sealers (namesake collectibles are always fun). I just love their colour and shapes.



I was flipping through Style at Home the other day and saw the photo on the left below...cast porcelain Mason jar styled vases. 
I looked up from the couch and across the room and looked at something very similar sitting in my living room...a painted Crown Mason Jar that I had done as a DIY, holding peonies from my family's garden. 






I had made this jar and arrangement for a friend for her birthday earlier in the year....A little raffia and grey glossy paint just made this arrangement!




Painting jars is nothing new to me....I've been doing it for a few years now and my Dad used to also do this many, many years ago.

They are available for order in my Rustic Retrievals Etsy shop or if you're wanting to place a larger order for something like a wedding, shower or other event, you can email me at rusticretrievals@gmail.com


The jars are available in a variety of colours....essentially we are only limited by the variety of options provided by the companies that produce spray paint.



I'm currently putting together an order of fuchsia, apple green, white and black jars to ship to the US. Can't wait to see them all completed!

And now....it's CONTEST TIME!!!

Rustic Retrievals has had a great week and I would like to celebrate with a give away...

It's simple...just leave a comment below or on my/Rustic Retrievals Instagram/Facebook page under the picture correlating to this blog post, telling me what colour jar you would like and why you chose that colour.

I will draw the winner the end of next week and the winner will get their personalized Crown Mason Jar sent to them to use around their home to hold flowers, kitchen utensils, pens, pencils....the list is endless!

Best of luck and keep the comments coming...you can also comment more than once to increase your chances of winning!

RR





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...